Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tuesday Morning QB, Week 13

Tuesday Morning QB is weekly feature on The Full Court Press, reacting to the past week’s happenings in NFL Football.


I warned you about this last week.  I'm a day late, and very abbreviated.  That's what happens when you use your Thanksgiving vacation to travel across the country.  I don't regret it though - it was a memorable trip, and my wife and I had a blast!  You might say I was thankful for it.  So, in the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday that delayed this report, I thought I would use this Tuesday Morning QB to list everything I was thankful for in week 13 of the NFL:

  • I'm thankful Dallas lost.  It's not just because I hate Dallas, as I'm not particularly fond of the Eagles either.  As a Dunkin Donuts (DD) Perks member in the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) area, I get a free coffee from DD as part of the "Cowboys win, You Win" promo.  After a Dallas win, the coupon is usually loaded to my phone the following day.  The coupon is also only valid at DFW DDs.  However, when Dallas won in week 12, I did not get the coupon.  I was also not in the DFW area at the time, and the GPS on my phone was on due to my travels.  Dunkin Donuts knows where I am at all times!  Had Dallas won on Thanksgiving, I would have been denied free coffee twice in the same week, and I can't have the Cowboys winning if I'm not getting something in return.  More importantly, forget government surveillance, DD is watching....
  • I'm thankful the Jets lost.  To be fair, I have nothing against the Jets and usually cheer for them, but let's face it - the NFL is more interesting when the Jets are either really good, or really awful.  Right now they're the latter, and wouldn't you know it, they're making headlines! This is no time for the team on Broadway to climb their way to mediocrity.
  • I'm thankful Johnny Football got pancaked in his own end zone in the drive following his touchdown run.  After scoring, the entitled brat made his infamous "money" sign, so it was nice to see some grown men knock him back down to reality.  The buzz in Cleveland is that Manziel will be the new starter.  I'm sure we'll see some highlight reel plays in the near future, but I'm also sure we'll see even more humbling moments for Johnny Football in the long run.
  • I'm thankful that after returning a blocked punt for a touchdown for the first time since 1986, the Minnesota Vikings didn't wait another 28 years to do it again.
  • I'm thankful I started Keenan Allen on my fantasy team.  I picked him up several weeks ago, as he fell to the waiver wire due to a poor start to the season.  I was hesitant to start him, but I took a gamble last week, and it paid off with a 25-point effort!  I usually don't want to rush to irrational conclusions, but I think it's safe to say Allen is back. After only posting one 100-yard game and 1 touchdown through the first 11 weeks, he has back-to-back 100 yard games with 3 TDs in that stretch.
  • I'm really thankful I started DeAndre Hopkins in 2 of my leagues.  Early in the season, he had a "boom or bust" label with Andre Johnson in the picture, yet he kept posting bigger numbers than Johnson.  After a 35-point outburst on Sunday, I think it's safe to say there's a new top WR in Houston. 
  • I'm thankful Justin Bieber is hanging out with the Patriots.  I don't know why the Steelers let him in their locker room a few weeks ago, but it made my stomach turn, as he's the polar opposite of the team's blue-collar persona.  The Pats, on the other hand, are a much more natural fit for the Biebs, as they're basically a collection of 52 frat-tastic dude bros.  I'm also pretty sure Bieber is the reason the Steelers lost the game he attended, so I'm hoping the same jinx rubs off on the New England.
I realize football is inconsequential, so if you want to see a list of more meaningful things I'm thankful for, click here.

Questions, comments, smart remarks? Log in to your Gmail account and leave feedback below. For last week's Tuesday Morning QB, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment