Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Tuesday Morning QB, Week 12

Tuesday Morning QB is weekly feature on The Full Court Press, reacting to the past week’s happenings in NFL Football.


I know, I know.  It's neither Tuesday nor the morning (I also never played QB in organized ball, in fact, I was typically a last resort in sandlot ball...).  I've been traveling for 4 days on a half-country road trip from Texas to PA, so my football viewing & time in front of a computer have been limited.  As a result, you're getting a limited post (spoiler alert: I'll be road-tripping back this weekend, so expect something similar next week).  A few notes below:


While I did not get to see much football on my road trip, I did get to stop in glorious Pittsburgh (while the Steelers were on a bye-week).  Naturally, I took some time to soak in the beauty of Heinz Field.




Impish or Admirable?

This is a recap of teams that are either looking good, or need help. This is not a playoff projection. I call it impish or admirable.


Admirable - Oakland Raiders.  Just an admirable this week.  Oakland finally won a game!  They did everything they could to lose it, but they somehow found a way to win!  I'll give this franchise some credit - ever since my week 4 "impish" label, this team has played with a lot of heart in some close losses.  It may still be a few years until they're relevant again, but their decision to implode in order to rebuild (maybe in Los Angeles), is probably for the best.


Fantasy Watch

A look at players worth having on your fantasy football roster, who needs to be cut, and who has deceptive stats.
 

Dislike - All my fantasy teams. Every one of my teams lost.  In my paid league, I was in first place two weeks ago, now I'm clinging to the 6th and final playoff spot with a week to go in the regular season.  The last league I joined has me on the outside looking in at 5th place (apparently our league manager doesn't believe in bye-weeks).  The only silver lining is my team that lost 7 in a row before winning 4 in a row.  Despite having that win streak broken, I'm somehow in the 6th and final playoff spot with a 4-8 record!


Questions, comments, smart remarks? Log in to your Gmail account and leave feedback below. For last week's Tuesday Morning QB, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment