Sunday, March 16, 2014

Switch and Bait

Just twelve hours after posting my first epic blog, I discovered my first epic mistake.

Blogspot (or Blogger) operates under Google, so I figured it would be a seamless transition creating this off my gmail account.  However, I made this post when I was visiting my family in PA, and I did not realize that my mother has a gmail account that was set to always stay "logged in."  Thus, when I brought up Blogspot and created my first post, I was actually doing so as my mother!

You may be thinking, "Wait a minute, wouldn't you notice the different email address?"  You'd think so, but I didn't.  Her address is eerily similar to the log-in I use at work, so it looked very normal, and did not phase me that it was a different user name than my gmail account.

This may beg the question, "So where are we reading this current post from?"  Well, I went back into my mom's account and deleted the blog.  Before doing so, I saved the html code form my first post.  I then went into my gmail, created a new blog under the same name, posted the html code from my first post, and voila - just like new!

Except one small problem - the web address fullkospress.blogspot.com no longer exists!  So while I'm grateful for my 7 Facebook likes yesterday (you know who you are!), I am even more grateful that no one decided to subscribe to it, or they'd be sorely disappointed (or relieved) if they ever came back.  As for the infamous Tweet/Post, if you try visiting it now, you get:


Embarrassing.  So, if anyone's keeping track, the new URL is now: fulkospress.blogspot.com.  My "full" now has one less "l"... Blog... Fail...

No comments:

Post a Comment